Monday, September 6, 2010

Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chunk Cookies

I was craving Reese's peanut butter cups yesterday, but it was almost midnight, and I was not going out. So next thought, chocolate chips and peanutbutter....I know I am bad....so while chocolate was in hand and reaching for the peanut butter I can accross this recipe on the back of the chocolate bag! SCORE!

Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chunk Cookies

1-3/4 cups flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg. (8 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped
1 cup chopped PLANTERS Salted Peanuts

PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
BEAT butter, peanut butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing well after each addition. Stir in chocolate and peanuts. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.

I do have to say that I omitted the peanuts (didn't have any on had, again it was almost midnight) and used Baker's semi-sweet chocolate chunks instead of the bar style (so much easier), oh and it only made two dozen cookies...then again I like BIG cookies! Oh SOOO GOOD!

P.S.
Kids raided them this morning....good thing today was a holiday!

1 comment: